Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2021

๐Ÿฉฐ RBNZ Reflection ๐Ÿฉฐ

 Bonjour readers and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be doing a reflection about tuesday, this was before we knew lockdown happened, yet it was such a fun exprince of learning how to ballet and it was cool looking at others peform. 

17th of August it was a beautiful day and every student from year 4-8 at Tamaki Primary School we’re going on a trip to Manukau Vodafone Centre to watch a Ballet performed by Royal Ballet New Zealand. 


The reason we're going on this trip is because our inquiry topic is about Arts & Performance. During the trip we’re in this big bendy bus with Tala Muka O Tonga (The tongan class), Te Puna Wairua (The Maori class) & Room 9 (My classroom). It was so loud in the bus everyone sounded like animals and I was sitting there in silence looking at the roads and seeing how cars work. 


I was beginning to get lost in my own imagination until we had finally arrived at the Manukau Vodafone Center, our class was the last to get off the bus. As I walked in I could just feel the breeze of the loudness, as soon we had arrived to our arranged seats Lily, Lino & I decided to become friends with these students from Papakura Normal school (Yet we still don’t know their names), we introduced ourselves to them and started asking them questions until it was time to watch the performance the host of the show was talking about what ballet show we’d be watching and it was the Swan Lake. 


The Swan lake was based on the story of a Princess that had turned into a swan but at night she’d be human again and there was a Prince that found her beauty so naturally they danced and danced and the performance was ending with a good duet. I really enjoyed watching this performance because I learnt a lot about ballet after watching it. The host of the show said we could become performers too, so two students from other schools we’re taught some of the ballet moves from the duet. It was kinda cool to see other people perform. 


Later on, the ugly duckling show was coming on and Lino, Lily & I slept throughout the whole show as I could wake up and then fall back to sleep in my dream. I couldn’t understand the story behind the Te Reo Maori but it was cool. As soon as I could hear applause I knew the show had ended but there were a few things we had to do. There were some questions from schools they wanted to ask the dancers, some questions we’re kind of personal and others we’re just about their journey throughout ballet. 





Overall, throughout the trip I really enjoyed the bonds I had with my friends and it was quite funny during the bus being around Lino & Mariah on our way back, as we got back to school I was walking so fast on my way to school rushing for I was so obsessed to get a bite of food & as I was going back home it was when I knew it was when the news popped up that Delta Covid-19 had returned to New Zealand and here we are in Covid-19 Lockdown, I was so frightened for we had just returned from a trip that we could’ve had covid with us spreading or who knows what! I’m glad we have a lockdown and that it might get extended due to so  many new cases. 



"Stay Safe & Save Lives" :)



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of my blog : Have you ever done ballet?
Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment