Pages

Monday, September 24, 2018

How to use different kinds of punctuation

Colon and semi-colon.
BEFORE:  BETWEEN;

Miss Ashley’s example:
Mary went to the fruit shop and bought lots of different fruit. She bought: bananas; pears; apples; and a pineapple.

The girls team had 10 players. The team was: Hiria; Ana; Maria; Vina; Lily; Vaiola and Maani.

My examples:
 There are 7 colors in the rainbow. The colors are: red; orange; yellow; violet; blue ; green; idgo
 I have 10 cousins. There name are: Lydia ; Kingston ; Wesley ; So Sia ; Esile ; Mary Jane ; Ben ; Marcus ; Nafi ; Vina ;

Commas in listing.
Miss Ashley’s example: The girls team had 10 players. The team was Hiria, Ana, Maria, Vina, Lily, Vaiola and Maani.

My examples:
 In my family there is 6 people. Mom, Dad, Sister (Grace), Sister ( Ana), Brother ( Joseph) and  (me!)
   I have 12 cousins. There names are Joseph, Isabela, Nafi, Holvea, Ana, Passi,  Miriam , Mary Jane, Marcaus, Jonathan and  Sela

Brackets.
Miss Ashley’s example:

Mum gave Lucy (her favourite daughter) $10 for lunch.

Miss Ashley had 27 students (both girls and boys) in her class.

My examples:
 On Monday (21st of September 2018 ). I woke up to go to school.
   I had many cousins ( which were both girls and boys ) They were the best cousins ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment