Pages

Monday, September 24, 2018

Editing a story

Here is our edited story.
Things we learnt about were
We aren’t allowed to use then, and, also and because at the beginning of a sentence.
Speech marks go on the OUTSIDE of the full stop or other punctuation.
The end of a sentence can be marked by a full stop, an exclamation mark or a question mark. You don’t need to put an extra full stop after a question mark.
Remember to check ALL capital letters. Sometimes we need to put them in and sometimes we need to take them out.
On Monday 24th September 2018 Room 7 did a blindfold challenge. We wanted to have fun and make our morning a bit interesting by playing a game.

Firstly Miss Ashley told us the rules which was “no touching the tables or pieces of paper on the floor or you will lose points.“  However you are allowed to touch the chairs because you sometimes have to step over them to get to the end. Next we got into buddies. My buddy was Lucina.  We had to line up by the heater in our buddies.

First it was my turn to go so Lucina (my buddy)  put the blindfold on me (over my eyes) and helped me to stand up. The blindfold was tight it felt like a constrictor boa on my face. I felt so confused and disorientated because the blindfold was covering my eyes. Lucina told me to “go left, right, straight and step over.” I was feeling nervous and a little bit scared because “what if she was tricking me?“ and I was really doing something silly. I got to the end safely and took my blindfold off.

Next it was my buddies turn so I helped her put the blindfold on. I told her to walk straight first, then next turn left. She doesn’t know her lefts and rights so she went the wrong way.I said “no your other left” and it was a little bit funny. In the end we got to the blue fruit tray and we made it without losing any points!

I think I would like to do this activity again because it was cool to do something different and fun in class especially since it’s the end of the term and I think we are all feeling kind of tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment