Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

The legend of NZ

Kia ora readers ! Welcome back to my blog ! Today I will be doing a blog post about the legend about NZ because it is the topic for today's blog post  from Summer learning Journey ! So the Legend has it's story based on Maui. One day Maui and his magical hook and brow a boat to go fishing, as he threw his magical hook in the water and suddenly he had caught a fish. (The fish was actually the north land and south land of NZ)
Here are my top 3 facts. 
1. the officially language is Maori and English 
2. the Maori name for NZ is  which mean the lands of white clouds.
3. New Zealanders  are called kiwis but kiwi isn't a fruit. It is a New Zealand's nativities birds.
The reason why I chose these facts is because it is basically talking about NZ and I chose my favorite facts because it give everyone ideas how is it like in NZ !
Thanks so much !
Feel free to comment 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lily,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.
    Week 1/activity 1: Thanks for sharing such a cool and curious facts about New Zealand! I love how the word kiwi can mean 3 different things, I think that is great but also it can be confusing specially for the many tourists that visit this country every year. Just to clarify, kiwi is also a fruit but it can be the bird or just a way to call the people who is from here, so this word can have 3 different uses! Furthermore, on your first point about the official languages in New Zealand you forgot to mention the New Zealand Sign Language which also happens to be part of the of official languages of New Zealand despite the fact that we don't use it much still it is important to mention and be aware of it. Well done on completing this first activity! For the future I want you to be more careful during your research of information so you can make your posts full of useful and reliable content.
    Keep up the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commeting on my blogpost

    ReplyDelete