Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ด Recount about Tongan Language Week ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ด


Malo E lelei readers ! Welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be blogging about our school's huge celebration !

 It was a fabulous day last week Friday because our whole school got to celebrate the language of Tongans.  First of all, my kind friends decide to help my teacher to decorate the glamorous hall with beautiful decorations (so that it can be very fascinating to celebrate the culture).

After an hour later my friends and I went up stairs to go get change for our fascinating performance. I was extremely shy a bit to perform in front of a lot of people . 

Later on I entered the hall with the Kia Toa Syndicate (which is Rm 5, Rm 6, Rm 7 & Rm 8). I was sitting there being so excited for what was going to happen next, so I just decide to talk with my most annoying cousin Wesley. After a while the assembly started, Firstly to start the assembly we had the New Zealand & Tongan National Anthem.


After that we started with a prayer to guide all of us. Next we started off with the Te Wai Puna O Tamaki sang the Tongan alphabet which goes like this A E Fa Ha I Ka La Ma Na nga o Pa sa ta u va fakau'a.
I was really proud of Rm 2 & 3 because they did an extremely good job with singing the Tongan alphabet. After that performance was Rm 1's Reading but in Tongan, it was really nice how they were saying "Hau Tau Alu" (which means "Let's Go") .


Later on was Nana & Marina Group reading "Ko Eku Pusi". After that there was a huge group of people saying speeches about the culture of Tonga (the people in the group was Christina, Opeti, Kitione, Louvina, Maria & Vaiola). After that beautiful speeches.


Later on we started off with the beautiful performance of the Boys & Girls taulonga (which I was quite happy because I had my friends dancing with me through). While I was performing I was really proud and confident for dancing with my friends. After that the Girls part of the tongan Group did their Taulonga (Vai Ko Fakavakle) it was extremely spectacular we were smiling and doing the actions also looking at my friends having a spectacular time.

Highlight of the day was having a wonderful time with my friends and getting to celebrate my culture with the whole school. I really liked this day because everyone get to acknowledge their own culture.

Question of my blog : What language do you speak ?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Flag to go see a video about Tongan Language Week ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ด
------------------------------------------------------
Here is a Pixton Comic I've also made !






No comments:

Post a Comment